The SEC released a DRAFT of the EDGAR® Filer Manual (Volume II) (Version 52). The Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC” or “Commission”) has not approved, may approve or disapprove, or may revise any of the changes noted. The draft is being provided to the filing community to solicit input and assist filers in preparing for the potential changes to the EDGAR system that are outlined in the draft Filer Manual and which are scheduled to be deployed in EDGAR Release 19.3 on September 30, 2019. The posting of the draft manual does not indicate Commission approval of any proposed changes relating to the EDGAR system as reflected in the draft manual.
Non-rule based changes that are outlined in the draft EDGAR Filer Manual are scheduled to take effect on September 30, 2019. For rule-based changes, please consult the effective dates of the associated rule. Please refer to www.sec.gov to access SEC Final Rules.
The final version of the EDGAR Filer Manual will be made available, if approved by the Commission, on or about September 30, 2019, at sec.gov.
Key EDGAR updates include:
- New exhibit EX-96 (Mining Disclosure) will be made available for applicable registration statements and reports on form types: S-1, S-1/A, S-3, S-3/A, S-4, S-4/A, S-4 POS, POS AM, F-1, F-1/A, F-3, F-3/A, F-4, F-4/A, F-4 POS, 10-12B, 10-12B/A, 10-12G, 10-12G/A, 10-K, 10-K/A, 20-F, 20-F/A, 20FR12B, 20FR12B/A, 20FR12G, 20FR12G/A, 1-A, 1-A/A, and 1-A POS.
- This change allows filers to provide disclosure about their mining properties in accordance with Commission Release 33-10570. Filers can attach EX-96 in official HTML, ASCII, or PDF format.
- Filers will be required to provide twelve character passwords instead of eight character passwords when logging into both the EDGAR Filing Website and the EDGAR Online Forms Management Website. Filers who do not update their password to twelve characters will be prompted to update it each time they log in.
- The EDGAR Filing Website and the EDGAR Online Forms Website home pages will be updated to include a “Last Account Activity” heading. This will display the date, time, and whether the last login attempt was successful or not. Filers will also have the ability to review account activity for the last 30 calendar days on both the EDGAR Filing Website and the EDGAR Online Forms Management Website by using the “Login History” link,
- Submission form types N-CEN and N-CEN/A will be updated to prevent filers from reporting duplicate series and class IDs.
- Submission form types ATS-N/UA and ATS-N/CA will be updated to allow filers to report a change in their Market Participant Identification or MPID value.
- SEC release 34-84858 excludes associated persons that are not natural persons from the statutory disqualification prohibition in Exchange Act Section 15F(b)(6, removes Rule 15Fb6–1, and removes Schedule C and any reference to it from submission form types SBSE, SBSE/A, SBSE-A, SBSE-A/A, SBSE-BD, and SBSE-BD/A.
- EDGAR will accept submission form types 24F-2NT, 24F-2NT/A, N-CR, N-CR/A, N-CSR, N-CSR/A, N-CSRS, N-CSRS/A, N-PX, N-PX/A, N-PX-FM, N-PX-FM/A, N-PX-NT, N-PX-NT/A, N-PX-VR, N-PX-VR/A, N-PX-CR, N-PX-CR/A, N-Q, N-Q/A, N-CEN, N-CEN/A, N-LIQUID, N-LIQUID/A, N-MFP2, N-MFP2/A, NPORT-EX, NPORT-EX/A, NPORT-NP, NPORT-NP/A, NPORT-P, NPORT-P/A, N-30D, N-30D/A, and N-30B-2 from deregistered investment companies for 400 calendar days from the time the investment company was deregistered. After 400 calendar days, these submissions will be suspended.
- Inline XBRL tagging changes:
- Increasing the length of characters allowed for security titles.
- Changes to the validations of filer naming conventions.