The SEC announced upcoming changes to SEC.gov, improving the site's web presence to make information for EDGAR filers easier to find and use.
On February 10, 2020 information for EDGAR filers will be enhanced to include:
- A new homepage that frontloads our most critical information and resources and highlights important EDGAR news and announcements;
- A new “How Do I” interface to serve as a central hub for all EDGAR end-user help, and covering topics ranging from EDGAR access codes and the Form ID process to continuing hardship exemptions, and more;
- Easy-to-locate information and applications most used by filers;
- Consolidated filer information and consistent navigation across the information; and
- More intuitive organization of information and increased use of plain language.
The SEC confirmed that there’s still more work to be done, however. These initial improvements extend only to the EDGAR information for filers and not to the information, guidance, and tools related to searching EDGAR.
The improved web presence is the result of a joint project between the EDGAR Business Office, the Office of Public Affairs, and the Office of the Secretary.
The SEC will do their best to ensure "broken links" are avoided and redirects route properly to new locations.
See the full SEC Announcement here.